(Passably) interesting things about my day:
- I ate wasabi cheese. This was very good - the wasabi gave it zing without being overpowering.
- I went to the Bordeaux Bakery with Isabelle. I had my usual conundrum when ordering French food. Do I a) order using proper pronunciation (and risk seeming wanky?), b) order using the French words with Kiwi pronunciation, c) point and grunt? I chose d) translate (approximately) into English and point and grunt. So rather than pain au chocolat et mille feuille we had chocolate bread and custard square. Not that I could have any of the custard square.
- I hung out three loads of washing, shivering in the howling gale. It sort of got dry.
- Brendon found more daffodils in the empty section next door and brought them into the house to bring some lovely spring cheer.
- Isabelle and Aidan played peacefully all afternoon, constructing a train track between their rooms.
- I am eating energy chocolate. It doesn't appear to be working.